- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
Essential travel insights to keep you safe in Kenya
A reminder to anyone undertaking a high altitude trek or ski excursion that AMS - acute mountain sickness - is a threat to your health. There has been a spike in the number of cases reported in the past year.
Spotting big game in Africa is one of the great travel adventures. Surrounded by wide-open landscapes, dangerous animals and the continent’s raw beauty. Once you spot your first lion or elephant, your life will change. So put on the ...
Well you won't get the tigers and bears, but you will get lions... So you want to put on the khakis, pick up the camera and live through the greatest wildlife experience in the world? Welcome to the safari life!
When you talk crime with travellers, it seems everyone has a different story. One person may argue one city is more susceptible to pickpockets or muggings than another. But when it comes to Kenya, most intrepid souls would agree it's not the safest.
So you want to climb the tallest freestanding mountain in the world? Mount Kilimanjaro is certainly not an easy undertaking and one you should prepare for seriously. There's a reason it's called the Roof of Africa.
You will find that Kenyans are extremely friendly but remember that there is real poverty in Kenya and you will soon realize that you are far richer and more fortunate than most local people you meet.