- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
Essential travel insights to keep you safe in Laos
Vang Vieng's decadent river bar scene - a magnet for backpackers seeking cheap alcohol, drugs and relative lawlessness - is now a shadow of its former self after a crackdown by Laos authorities.
UPDATE: Lao authorities have reportedly closed 7 of the 100 or so bars and restaurants along the Nam Song river at Vang Vieng in an apparent crackdown on illegal and dangerous behaviour.
On October 16th 2013 a Lao Airlines flight from Vientiane to Paske in southern Laos crashed during a severe storm. All 44 passengers and 5 crew perished.
The staff of WorldNomads.com extend condolences to the families of the victims.
The oddly named Plain of Jars in far north-eastern Laos is a sight not to be missed, but danger lurks here. Across a wide flat plain are spread hundreds of cauldron sized containers hewn from stone. The biggest is over 2 metres tall, the smallest, ...
Several warnings are in place for tourists to be aware of bandits in remote parts of Laos. Learn where you are at risk and follow these safety tips.
Laos has never enjoyed the same distinction as a travel destination as some of its more frequented Southeast Asia neighbours like Thailand and Vietnam. Still, the nation offers many treasures for the traveler seeking to get away from the bustle found elsewhere.