- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
Essential travel insights to keep you safe in Myanmar
Myanmar is generally safe, but be on your guard for touts, pests and petty crime in Yangon.
11/06/2012 - Myanmar president Thein Sein has declared a state of emergency in the country after sectarian tensions between Buddhists and Muslims led to deadly riots.
The political climate in Myanmar has long been under a cloud of oppression with the government holding full and total power over just about everything within the country.
Under usual circumstances problems with currency and exchange wouldn't be a travel safety issue, but Myanmar's not a "usual" destination. Run out of cash in Myanmar and you're in serious trouble.
Myanmar is one of Southeast Asia’s most beautiful places to visit. Years of political isolation has led to unblemished countryside, unique culture and friendly locals and makes it a destination unlike any other you’ll experience.
Myanmar (also known as Burma) is made up of a diverse, colorful people and rich culture. But amidst the breathtaking landscape, the country's government regime has dampened tourism there for many years.
Myanmar, one of the most beautiful and captivating places on earth, still remains shrouded in mystery to most of the world. Extreme government control and political unrest has led many travelers to boycott tourism within Myanmar.