- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
Essential travel insights to keep you safe in Venezuela
For hundreds of years Venezuela has travelled a rocky political road. Bloody coups, civil wars, violent demonstrations and paralyzing strikes all feature in its history - even up to the present day.
Venezuela is not a place you'd go to for your first overseas holiday. It's not a place you go to for beach time and pina coladas. It's a place you go for an adventure.
Venezuela is home to just about every scary disease on the planet. You may encounter rabies-infected bats, yellow fever, cholera, malaria, Chagas disease, water borne parasites, typhoid, dengue fever and all of the hepatitis family.
If the criminals kidnappers and drug gangs don't scare you, if you brush-off the prospect of hurricanes, landslides and earthquakes, if you have a cross-country chicken bus ride for breakfast, then Venezuela's the place for you!
Whether you're getting around Venezuela on planes, trains or automobiles you'll have to watch yourself! All present significant dangers.
Mother nature unleashes her full arsenal on this nation. Devastating earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, mudslides, and cyclones are a fact of life for Venezuelans.