We're Digital Nomads too!
When we travel, we love to capture & share stories from our trips or post bragging shots to our friends back home. We often take our iPads and laptops too, to watch films on the plane or work remotely from that yurt in Mongolia.
So we understand the need to make sure these devices are covered by your travel insurance.
iPhones & iPads
As you'd expect, we cover iPhones, Smartphones, iPads, Kindles, Tablets and other handheld computers.
These are covered when:
- It is stolen while you are carrying it or where it is supervised and within your reach and view.
- It is stolen from a locked safety box or compartment which is out of public view and public access and where there is visible sign of forced entry.
- It is accidentally damaged by fire or natural disaster while you’re travelling.
Cameras & Lenses
World Nomads travel insurance has been designed for travellers with cameras of every variety.
If, like me, you love travel photography and take a good digital SLR camera and several lenses when you travel, you'll probably need to increase cover for them by adding these to your policy as high value items.
For example, when I travel I carry the following:
- Nikon D800 with 50mm lense $3,000
- 85mm prime lense $1,000
- 25mm Zeiss lenses $1000
- Mamiya 6 film camera $1,750
Remember, if you have to make a claim, we will calculate depreciation for due to age, wear and tear, except those items which you've specified as high value items.
They are covered when:
- They are stolen while you are carrying it or where it is supervised and within your reach and view.
- They are stolen from a locked safety box or compartment which is out of public view and public access and where there is visible sign of forced entry.
- They are accidentally damaged by fire or natural disaster while you’re travelling.
Of course, if you have to claim, you’re going to need to prove the value of your gear, so make sure you have a receipt or credit card statement showing the purchase.
Laptops & Notebooks
Laptop Computers have become much cheaper in recent years, and are sometimes covered by the standard level of cover. However, if you are carrying a higher end laptop you might want to consider adding it as a high value item.
The Policy Wording
World Nomads Travel Insurance is supported by different insurers from around the world so always read the policy wording to understand specific limits and exclusions and make sure that the policy is right for you.