- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
Essential insights about latvia
Latvia is one of those up-and-coming Eastern European countries whose major city charms overshadow the fact that much of the rural countryside has still a long way to go.
Eastern European countries are known for being slack when it comes to driving skills, and Latvia is no different from the others.
Check your purses, tap your wallets and don't take drinks from strangers. Latvia has a reputation for crime and scams targeted to the foreigner.
You might also like
if you choose to drive through Italy to see the sights, several road dangers lurk, and it's sadly more mundane than a fleet of mini's negotiating Turin's sewer system! One of them is "Europe's most dangerous road!"
Behind the wheel
The Italians are a passionate people. They have a zest and a lust for life. Many of them can't hold a conversation without throwing their hands and arms and whole body into action. But sometimes, this crosses over into some scary, inappropriate behaviour. Women, read on to find out how to keep the Italian stallion in check.