- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
Essential insights about latvia
Latvia is one of those up-and-coming Eastern European countries whose major city charms overshadow the fact that much of the rural countryside has still a long way to go. � In that case, many travelers nowadays wouldn�t put much thought into ...
Eastern European countries are known for being slack when it comes to driving skills, and Latvia is no different from the others. � Drivers often �forget� to follow the rules, and pedestrians may not be something that drivers consider should ...
Check your purses, tap your wallets and don�t take drinks from strangers. � Latvia has a reputation for crime and scams targeted to the foreigner. � Don�t take it personally; these issues are so prevalent that they are bound to touch on all types ...
You might also like
Philippines typhoon Hagupit travel alert
Travellers to the Philippines eastern seabord should prepare for the arrival of a super typhoon.
Sex in Thailand, what you need to know
Why is there so much sex in Thailand? What's a Bar Girl and where do you find them? Is prostitution legal, is it exploitative? Why child sex tourism is a scourge. How to spot a Ladyboy, and avoid getting into trouble.
Scams, confidence tricks and rip-offs are very common in the tourist parts of Thailand. Watch out for these common scams and if it's safe to use ATMs.
The Sombondee restaurant scam
Scams involving tuk tuk drivers
The gem scam
The timeshare scam
Watch out for fake, fake baht
Is it safe to use ATM's?