- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
Thailand Survival Guide: Thailand Travel Safety
See our Thailand Coup Update here.
We love Thailand at World Nomads. We want you to love it too. We don't want you to get lynched by angry ladyboys, get cleaned out by a Bangla Rd bar-girl or get your private parts removed after you've had your drink spiked in some nameless Soi.
To keep you safe, the World Nomads Safety Team have put together our latest "Thai Survival Guide" to keep you on the right track, the right side of the law, the right side of the bar, the right side of the Tuk Tuk Mafia and the right side of drunken Iguana handlers.
Oh, and what do do in in case of an Emergency. We think it's pretty important, after all, we are a Travel Insurance Company.
First up you should check out:
- Nightlife in Thailand: How to Avoid Drink Spiking, Thai Bucket Drinks & Other Fun Things
- Sex in Thailand: HIV, Bar Girls & the big picture of sex in Thailand. Be Warned.
- Guide to Money in Thailand: How not to get ripped off, Credit Card Scams and other shenanigans
- Current Travel Warnings & Updates: Check here for all current Thailand Travel Alerts
- Police in Thailand: Friend or Foe - The low down on Civil Police, Tourist Police, Bribing & Corruption
- Safety for women: What the girls need to know about Thailand.
- Crime - an overview of everything from bag-snatching to dodgy ATMs
- Your guide to the most common scams (and how to avoid them).
After that, we've got our Thailand city safety guides, with specific breakdowns of local scams, annoyances, frustrations, natural & unnatural hazards and other things that can ruin your Thailand adventure. We've got:
- Bangkok Safety Guide: The good, the bad, the ugly and the super ugly
- Patong Safety Guide: How to avoide getting mauled by a place purposely designed to remove a tourist from their money
- Chiang Mai Safety Guide: Watch out for the burning season, how to stay safe during Songkran & More
- Koh Samui Safety Guide: Look out for the Connect 4 Hustle, Drugs & Jet Ski Scams
- Koh Phi Phi Safety Guide: Paradise Lost or Tourist Ghetto Nightmare?
- Phuket Safety Guide: Mafia Avoidance Tips, Tuk Tuk Nightmares, Tourist Police info, & other need to know stuff
Whether you rent a motorbike in Thailand, get into a Tuk Tuk, bus it to Chiang Mai, check out our Thai Transport Articles for a heads up on what's in store for you:
- The World Nomads Thailand Transport Guide to Staying Sane
- Riding motorbikes in Thailand - What are the rules?
And last but not least is some really important information you need to know about. If you read this, your Mother will sleep safe at night because you know what to do in case of a travel emergency in Thailand:
- How to avoid getting sick in Thailand: Health & Hygiene Guide
- Quick Guide to Thaland Laws ("Don't Do Drugs in Thailand - ever")
- Travel & Medical Emergencies in Thailand: Evacuation, Blood Transfusions, Student Hospitals & More
- Ladyboys & Bar Girls: An old World Nomads Favourite
- Thailand Full Moon Party: how to survive the full moon party
- Thailand for gays and lesbians - is it gay friendly?
You might also like
Thailand Survival Guide
Is Thailand Safe? Read how to stay safe from the Tuk Tuk Mafia, Ladyboys, Credit Card Scams, Drink Spiking & other fun stuff in the World Nomads Thailand Survival Guide...
Thailand Alert:Curfew Changes
A significant announcement regarding the Thai curfew has been made by the military junta - with good news for visitors.
Thailand Coup - Travel Alert
Heading to Thailand and worried about the political crisis? Get our essential guide on what to do and what's covered.