For policies purchased after 10 August 2016, 3:00am UTC, your World Nomads policy is provided through Zurich Insurance Group
Desculpe, essa informação está indisponível no momento. Estamos trabalhando para trazê-la para você o mais rápido possível. Customer Service phone (sales / service) 0800 761 61 61 0800-275-8585 (Hearing impaired service)
SAC - Informações & Pré-vendas 0800 761 61 61 0800 275 8585 (Deficientes Auditivos e de Fala) Opening hours (except holidays): Monday to Friday from 8h to 20h and Saturday from 8h to 18h.
Hearing impared service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Horário de funcionamento (exceto feriados): De segunda a sexta-feira das 8h às 20h e aos sábados das 8h às 18h. Deficientes Auditivos e de Fala: Atendimento disponível 24 horas por dia, 7 dias por seman.
For policies purchased before 10 August 2016, 3:00am UTC your World Nomads policy is provided through Bupa Global
Both the Standard and Explorer plans can cover cycling, cycle touring and mountain biking.
|Cycling Activity||Conditions of Cover|
|Cycling - recreational
||Incidental to your trip
||Independently or as part of an organised tour
||Incidental to your trip - on tracks and trails, off track and downhill>
How it works
Provided you take all the required safety measures and keep in touch with local weather and the advice given by local authorities, there’s cover if you are injured while riding a bike for:
- evacuation if it’s urgent and medically necessary (by the most appropriate means including helicopter when necessary and available).
- emergency medical expenses for treatment at the hospital or by a doctor at the local medical centre; and/or
- repatriation home if you’re seriously ill or injured and unable to continue your trip.
If you are in need of a medical evacuation or repatriation, you or someone with you MUST contact the insurer's emergency assistance team immediately. The Emergency Assistance team can arrange and pre-approve all expenses.
Who pays for medical treatment(and by this we mean either you pay upfront and claim later or we pay) depends on what’s happened to you and the necessary treatment required.
Also be aware that any medical claim or sporting equipment claim submitted will have a €70EURO/$100USD policy excess/co-pay deducted per person, per claimable event.
What’s not covered
The policy isn’t designed to cover everything. Take the time to read the terms and conditions in the Product Guide for full details on what is and isn’t covered. That way there are no surprises if you need to use it.
Here are the main things that aren’t covered:
- if you knowingly expose yourself to any risks or act illegally (disobeying any road rules of the countries you are riding in) including not wearing a helmet if this is required by law
- for loss or theft of your bicycle and/or bicycle accessories
- if you are racing or cycling competitively
- if you act with disregard for your own safety, gross negligence
- search and rescue at any time
- if you go to any region for which the Royal Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs or British Foreign and Commonwealth Office has issued a Do Not Travel warning; or an area which is marked or is known to be “closed”, “out of bounds” or “unsafe” by the relevant authority or authorised person; or
- for any other reason listed in the General Exclusions.