For policies purchased after 10 August 2016, 3:00am UTC, your World Nomads policy is provided through Zurich Insurance Group
Desculpe, essa informação está indisponível no momento. Estamos trabalhando para trazê-la para você o mais rápido possível. Customer Service phone (sales / service) 0800 761 61 61 0800-275-8585 (Hearing impaired service)
SAC - Informações & Pré-vendas 0800 761 61 61 0800 275 8585 (Deficientes Auditivos e de Fala) Opening hours (except holidays): Monday to Friday from 8h to 20h and Saturday from 8h to 18h.
Hearing impared service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Horário de funcionamento (exceto feriados): De segunda a sexta-feira das 8h às 20h e aos sábados das 8h às 18h. Deficientes Auditivos e de Fala: Atendimento disponível 24 horas por dia, 7 dias por seman.
Email: [email protected]
For policies purchased before 10 August 2016, 3:00am UTC your World Nomads policy is provided through Bupa Global
Yes, both the Standard and Explorer Plans can cover you when sailing in coastal and/or international waters.
How it works:
To be covered, you must take all the usual safety precautions when sailing as we will not cover you if you act with disregard for your own safety.
If you suffer a serious illness or injury while out sailing, your policy will cover:
- evacuation if it’s urgent and medically necessary (by the most appropriate means including helicopter when necessary and available).
- emergency medical expenses for treatment at the hospital or by a doctor at the local medical centre; and/or
- repatriation home if you’re seriously ill or injured and unable to continue your trip.
If you are in need of a medical evacuation or repatriation, you or someone with you MUST contact the insurer's emergency assistance team immediately.
Who pays for medical treatment depends on what’s happened to you and the necessary treatment required.
Also be aware that any medical claim submitted will have the policy excess/co-pay applied.
What’s not covered
The policy isn’t designed to cover everything. Take the time to read the terms and conditions in the Product Guide for full details on what is and isn’t covered. That way there are no surprises if you need to use it.
Here are the main things that aren’t covered:
- if you knowingly expose yourself to any needless risks or act illegally.
- racing or sailing competitively
- if you sail in areas that the Royal Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs or British Foreign and Commonwealth Office has issued a ‘Do Not Travel’ warning; or an area which is marked or is known to be ‘closed’, ‘out of bounds’ or ‘unsafe’.
- personal liability for loss or damage caused by the use of a boat including the sail measuring less than three metres if the engine power exceeds three horse power ( if the engine does not exceed 3 horse power then personal liability is covered only for sails measuring less than 3 metres).
- 'Search and rescue' if you become lost at sea or at any other time.
- anything else that's listed in the exclusions on the policy.