For policies purchased after 10 August 2016, 3:00am UTC, your World Nomads policy is provided through Zurich Insurance Group
Desculpe, essa informação está indisponível no momento. Estamos trabalhando para trazê-la para você o mais rápido possível. Customer Service phone (sales / service) 0800 761 61 61 0800-275-8585 (Hearing impaired service)
SAC - Informações & Pré-vendas 0800 761 61 61 0800 275 8585 (Deficientes Auditivos e de Fala) Opening hours (except holidays): Monday to Friday from 8h to 20h and Saturday from 8h to 18h.
Hearing impared service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Horário de funcionamento (exceto feriados): De segunda a sexta-feira das 8h às 20h e aos sábados das 8h às 18h. Deficientes Auditivos e de Fala: Atendimento disponível 24 horas por dia, 7 dias por seman.
For policies purchased before 10 August 2016, 3:00am UTC your World Nomads policy is provided through Bupa Global
Yes! Skiing, snowboarding or participation in other snow sport while on your trip is covered but ONLY when you buy the Explorer Plan. The Standard Plan does NOT cover any winter sports.
When you buy the Explorer Plan, there’s cover for the following winter sport activities:
- skiing and snowboarding on all open and safe runs on marked trails
- skiing and snowboarding on terrain that is on-piste and off-piste
- skiing and snowboarding in a terrain park
- cross country skiing and snowboarding
- Nordic skiing on marked trails
- backcountry skiing and snowboarding
Working as a ski/snowboarding instructor? See ‘Am I covered if I'm on a working holiday'
How it works
If you’re unfortunate enough to have an accident and hurt yourself while skiing/snowboarding, we’ll cover:
- evacuation if it’s urgent and medically necessary (by the most appropriate means including
- helicopter when necessary and available).
- emergency medical expenses, for treatment at the hospital or local medical centre; and/or
- repatriation home if you’re seriously ill or injured and unable to continue your trip.
If you are in need of a medical evacuation or repatriation, you or someone with you MUST contact the emergency assistance team immediately. The emergency assistance team can arrange and pre-approve all expenses.
Who pays for medical treatment (and by this we mean either you pay upfront and claim later or we pay)
depends on what’s happened to you and the necessary treatment required.
Also be aware that any medical claim or sporting equipment claim submitted will have the policy excess/co-pay deducted per person, per claimable event.
What’s not covered
The policy isn’t designed to cover everything. Take the time to read the terms and conditions in the Product Guide for full details on what is and isn’t covered. That way there are no surprises if you need to use it. If you are unsure of cover, please contact us for help.
Here are the main things that aren’t covered:
- if you participate in a race or competition.
- if you act with disregard for your own safety, gross negligence or actively engaging in any illegal act
- search and rescue at any time
- if you go to an area which is marked or is known to be ‘closed’, ‘out of bounds’ or ‘unsafe’ by the relevant authority or authorised person.
- expenses caused where it was deemed that you were working (receiving either premium, wages, remuneration etc.) at the time the incident occurred.
- any on-going medical expenses once you return to your home country