Get your travel insurance

If you're not a UK resident or you're already travelling then we've got you covered.

Get a quote

When Should I Buy travel insurance?

Gap Year has teamed up with World Nomads to provide travel insurance for Non UK residents and travellers, even if they’re already on the road.

  • 24 hour emergency assistance if you’re in an accident or seriously ill overseas and need emergency medical treatment or hospitalisation.
  • Help to get you home if you’re injured or seriously ill and need to end your trip early, which may save you up to USD $200,000 in evacuation costs.
  • Protection for out of pocket expenses if certain unexpected things happen to cancel or interrupt your trip.
  • Cover for your gear if it’s lost by an airline or if it’s stolen when travelling.

  • Flexibility to buy more cover online, even if you’re policy has ended or you want to keep travelling.

World Nomads Travel Insurance is designed by travellers for travellers to be there to help when you need it most.

Why does trust World Nomads?

Because World Nomads:

  • Is backed by a group of trusted, reliable insurers and assistance providers around the world.
  • Has created travel insurance plans designed for independent and adventurous travellers.
  • Provides cover for over 200 adventure sports and activities.
  • Provides its members with access to money-can’t-buy learning opportunities.
  • Supports travellers with 24 hour emergency assistance, wherever you are in the world.
  • Makes it easy to buy and claim online, even if you’re already travelling.
  • Offers flexibility to buy more cover while travelling if your plans change.
  • Keeps you up-to-date and informed with travel alerts and advice on every country in the world.