This is for eligible World Nomads customers excluding residents of USA, Canada, Brazil, China or the Philippines. Please select your Country of Residence to view the terms applicable to you.
World Nomads recognizes that the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is an extraordinary circumstance that has affected many travelers around the world.
To help, we are offering eligible travelers a travel insurance credit if you have been affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) travel bans. In addition, eligible travelers have the option to cancel their policy outside the cooling-off period and obtain a refund. You can request a refund here.
How to apply for a travel insurance credit
If your trip has been put on hold and you can’t travel due to the current government travel bans and haven’t and don’t plan to use your policy, then you can apply for a travel insurance credit by 31 March 2021.
To apply*, please fill in this credit request form. Eligible customers will be sent a confirmation of their credit.
* If you’ve already been in touch with us, you don’t have to reapply!
Credit offer redemption
Eligible customers who have received written confirmation of their offer of credit, can redeem this credit by purchasing a new policy and contacting us before 31 March 2023 to receive a refund on the original unused policy.
Terms of credit
Customers, with departure dates up to and including 31 March 2021 must apply for a credit offer by 31 March 2021. We will confirm your offer of credit in writing, once approved.
Who is eligible:
This credit offer is available to eligible customers from the Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, Europe and other countries, where World Nomads offers travel insurance (except USA, Canada, Brazil, China or the Philippines), with an unused policy who cannot travel due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the subsequent Government travel restrictions.
Who is not eligible:
- The credit offer cannot be redeemed if you use the original policy in any way, such as:
- you have traveled or intend to travel on this policy;
- a claim is submitted or you want to exercise any other right under the policy;
- the policy is cancelled before the credit is redeemed.
- Policy holders who are residents of USA, Canada, Brazil, China or the Philippines.
- To redeem a travel insurance credit, travelers must purchase a new travel insurance policy, subject to the eligibility requirements and terms of the PDS (and any SPDS) in Australia, Policy Documents in the USA, or the policy wording in New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, Europe and other countries where World Nomads offers travel insurance (except Canada, Brazil, China or the Philippines) active at the date the new policy is purchased, and request a refund for the original unused policy no later than 31 March 2023.
- Travel insurance credit is redeemed by refunding the original value of the policy after a new policy is purchased. It cannot be redeemed at the time of the new policy purchase or before;
- At least one insured traveler from the original unused policy needs to be listed on the new policy;
- Credit must be redeemed by 31 March 2023. For all other eligible residents, travel does not have to commence before this date.
Other important information:
- This offer of credit is not transferrable;
- Credit is applicable to the purchase of travel insurance which, in Australia and New Zealand is managed by nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty Limited; in Europe nib Travel Services Europe Limited trading as nib Travel Services; and in all other countries (except Canada, Brazil, China or the Philippines) nib Travel Services Limited on behalf of the underwriter.
- All insurance is subject to eligibility rules and policy terms and conditions made available at the time of booking. Rates and plans may change without notice. Any premium difference between any new policy and the original policy is payable by you at the time of purchase;
- We reserve the right to cancel the credit and any associated purchase without compensation if you do not comply with these terms and conditions.