Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter is World Nomads Pty Limited, ABN 62 127 485 198 AR 343027, Level 18, Governor Macquarie Tower, 1 Farrer Place, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000.
2. The competition starts at 10:00 31st of October 2019 and ends at 21:00 Friday the 13th of December 2019 (“Competition Period”). All references to time are local in Sydney, Australia.
WHO MAY ENTER
3. This competition is open to all Australian and New Zealand residents, over the age of 18, who have subscribed to World Nomads during the Competition Period.
4. This competition is not open to any employees or family members of World Nomads Pty Limited or its related bodies corporate.
ENTRANTS BOUND BY CONDITIONS
5. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
HOW TO ENTER
6. To enter, entrants must read these Term and Conditions, complete the World Nomads Subscriber Survey and answer within 25 words or less, ‘what is the one essential item you always travel with and why?”
7. Entries must be:
a. the original independent creation of the entrant;
b. owned by the entrant; and
c. free of any claims, including copyright or trademark claims, by other parties.
8. Entries must not:
a. have been published previously;
b. have won prizes or awards in other competitions;
c. be restricted in any way; or
d. infringe any third party rights.
LIMITATIONS ON ENTRY
9. Only one entry per person is permitted. Entries submitted after 21:00 AEST 13th of December 2019 will not be accepted.
10. Entry into the competition is free. However any costs associated with an individual entering the competition including postage fees or any fees associated with uploading images or content are the responsibility of the entrant.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
12. Judging will take place in Sydney, Australia at 10:00 on 16th of December 2019.
13. A panel of judges will choose the winner of the Prize listed in Clause [#] who they consider to write the most creative and original response.
14. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, is incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete or includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Prize consists of Kathmandu Gift Card to the value of $200.
i. provided is his/her original work and that the entry do not infringe the rights of any third party;
ii. The winner(s) agree to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty specified above; and
iii. The winner(s) consent to any use of the entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1986 (Cth).
WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PUBLICATION
16. The winner will be notified in writing via email within two (2) days of the draw taking place. The winner may also be notified via telephone. When the Promoter advises the winner they have won a prize, the particulars of how the prize is to be delivered or collected will also be advised to the winner. The Promoter will not notify entrants of failure to win a Prize. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact Prize winners, however the Promoter is not responsible for contacting the winners by any other method, or for the winners not receiving notification for any reason. Entrants are responsible for providing and maintaining correct contact details. Each entrant warrants that any details provided with his/her entry are true and accurate, and the entrant indemnifies the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of this warranty.
17. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late, incorrectly entered or misdirected entries.
18. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems, technical malfunction or failure of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email or other communication network or system, including any failure of an entry to be received in whole or in part by the Promoter due to any of the above or on account of other technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or telecommunication systems, or any combination of these issues.
19. Once the winner has confirmed acceptance of their Prize in a reply email, following notification of their win, the Promoter will supply the Prize to the winner within the next 28 day period as follows:
The $200 Kathmandu Gift Card will be delivered by courier or registered post to the winner’s nominated address. The address provided must be a valid Australian or New Zealand address. The winner may be required to attend their local post office or Australia Post Business Hub and provide proof of identity to collect their Prize.
20. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of taking any of the Prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
CONSENT TO USE ENTRIES
21. By entering the competition, entrants consent to the information they submit with their entry, including personal details and/or literary response, being entered into a database and the Promoter may use this information in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes (including sending electronic communication) without any further reference , payment or other compensation to the entrant.
22. All entries are the property of the Promoter.