Important: Please read these rules before entering this competition (the "Competition").
By participating in this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
- Competition is sponsored and administered by World Nomads.com Pty Ltd ABN 62 127 485 19 ("Sponsor") of Level 18, 1 Farrer Place, Sydney NSW 2000 "NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OF ANY KIND, OR INSURANCE QUOTE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR QUOTE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING."
- Competition is open to residents of any country or jurisdiction, except that the Competition is void in any country or jurisdiction where it is prohibited by law or where the Competition is subject to registration requirements by the Sponsor (including without limitation, Italy, Colombia, Brazil, Quebec, Crimea, Iran, Syria, North Korea, and Sudan), subject to approving any necessary visas, who are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction, whichever age is older, at the time of entry. Directors, officers and employees of World Nomads, Grayl, Adventure+ and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, and advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members of each and those living in their households, are not eligible to win any prizes. The Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of eligibility.
- The Competition period is from 12:00:01 am EDT on April 07, 2022 to 11:59:59pm EDT on May 16, 2022 (the "Competition Period"). The Sponsor's computer is the official timekeeping device for the Competition. All entries must be received during the Competition Period, and meet other requirements in these Official Rules, to be eligible to win a prize. ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE CORRESPONDING TIME ZONE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTIONS.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, during the Competition Period, visit the Competition entry page at https://www.worldnomads.com/campaigns/travel-snaps and follow the instructions to submit the following items:
- Provide your personal details and the following information as requested:
- First name, Last name
- Date of Birth
- Country of residence
- Upload your best photo and select your preferred category.
- Tell us the story behind the photo in 150 words or less
- The information, nomination, and description you provide is referred to below as your "Submission."
- By posting your Submission, you agree to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions listed below. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if the Sponsor believes that the Submission does not comply with these Guidelines and Restrictions.
LIMITATION ON ENTRY
- One (1) entry per person during the Competition Period. The odds of winning will depend on the number and quality of entries received during the Competition Period. Any attempts to obtain additional entries, including through multiple or duplicate accounts will result in disqualification.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS
- Your submission must be in English
- Your Submission must not supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading information.
- Your Submission must be your original creation and be owned 100% by you.
- Your Submission must not have been published previously.
- Your Submission must not (as determined in the Sponsor's discretion): (i) violate any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (ii) contain disparaging or defamatory statements; (iii) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (iv) be obscene, offensive, or indecent; (v) depict risky behaviour; (vi) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm, against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or (vii) contain unauthorized third-party trademarks or logos.
- By providing a Submission, you warrant and represent that: (i) you own all rights in and to all Submission submitted by you (including, without limitation, all copyright and other intellectual property rights); (ii) all such Submissions are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity; and (iii) the Submission complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
- Entry into the Competition is free. However any costs associated with an individual entering the Competition including postage fees or any fees associated with uploading images or content are the responsibility of the entrant. If sending your Submission to this Competition via your mobile device, you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile service provider according to the terms in your wireless service provider's data plan.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
- On or about May 26, 2022, a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will score the eligible Submissions in Sydney, Australia, based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
- overall creativity of Submission (45%);
- consistency of Submission with the Competition theme (30%); and
- the most unique, interesting and original submission (25%).
The top scoring Submissions will be deemed the potential winners. In the event of a tie, the entry with a higher score in the more heavily-weighted category (or categories, if applicable) will be deemed the potential winners. The potential winner will be notified via email within two business days of the date of selection and once the winner is verified and notified that no further action is needed, his or her name will be published on https://www.worldnomads.com/campaigns/travel-snaps as authorized by these Official Rules. As a condition of being awarded a prize, the potential winner must follow the instructions contained in their notification, and except where prohibited by law, the Sponsor may require the potential winner to execute and deliver a written Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, acceptance of these Official Rules, tax forms, proof of identity, and other reasonable documentation. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; (ii) any required documents are not returned within seven days, including but not limited to the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release; or (iii) if a winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner pursuant to the Judging Criteria. An entrant is not a winner until his or her eligibility has been verified and has been notified that verification is complete and no further action is needed.
16. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, is incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete or includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- One winner will be awarded a major prize package that consists of giftcards, an online streaming subscription, magazines and merchandise with an approximate retail value ("ARV") of USD $2500 The prize package will consist of the following:
- World Nomads will provide the winner with a giftcard to an approved retailer (in the winner’s country of location) for a total value of USD 1,500;
- World Nomads, in conjunction with their program partner Adventure Entertainment, will provide the winner with an Adventure Entertainment Package that includes
- 5 year ADVENTURE+ subscription
- 1 Year Magazine subscription to all Adventure Entertainment magazines
- Selection of gifts from Adventure Entertainment partners
- Selection of Adventure books from Adventure Entertainment shops
- 10 Tickets to any Adventure Entertainment run event globally; and
- World Nomads, in conjunction with their program partner Grayl, will provide the winner with a Grayl giftcard for the value of USD$500 to be spent at Grayl.com
In addition, four runner-ups will receive the following minor prize:
- An Adventure+ subscription.
- One winner and four runner ups will be selected. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the prizes set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the above Judging Criteria. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize.
- All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. If the winner and/or traveling companion is a resident of the United States, the winner and/or traveling companion will be required to provide a social security number and will be issued a Form 1099.
- The Sponsor or its designee will not replace any lost or stolen giftcards or similar items once they are in the winner’s possession. Any unclaimed and/or unused prize (or portion of a prize package) will remain the property of prize provider.
- The Sponsor, and other providers of any prize, and Facebook Inc. and any other Social Media Platform (as defined below) on which the Competition is promoted, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, professional advisors, contractors, and advertising/marketing and contest agencies (collectively, "Released Parties") shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any travel related to the prize or any other aspect of prize winner’s or traveling companion’s acceptance of the prize.
- Released Parties will not be responsible for:
- any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries;
- telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures;
- any Competition disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or
- any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/RELAEASES
- By entering the Competition, you release, except where prohibited by law, the Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Competition or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of, or inability to use, any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. The winner’s travelling companion must also sign a release provided by World Nomads before they accept any aspect of the Prize or are able to travel with the winner.
NAME AND LIKENESS RIGHTS
- If you are a selected as a winner, except where prohibited by law, by entering into the Competition, you consent and give permission to the use of your name, city of residence, likeness and prize information, without limitation, for the Sponsor's advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes (including in publicly-displayed advertising and in a publicly-distributed winner list) without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, a winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information, without limitation, for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Competition, you consent to being contacted by the Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Competition.
LICENSE TO SUBMISSIONS
- By entering the Competition and submitting your Submission to the Sponsor in connection with the Competition, you hereby grant to the Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof, in connection with the Competition and for other advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, and to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. The Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission you submit or to return any such Submission to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph and these Official Rules. You agree to take, at the Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by the Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm the Sponsor's rights as set forth above and in these Official Rules.
NO FACEBOOK OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM ENDORSEMENT
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. or any other social media platform (each, a “Social Media Platform”). You understand and acknowledge that by using and interacting with any Social Media Platform, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of such Social Media Platform. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for each Social Media Platform (such as www.facebook.com, www.twitter.com, www.instagram.com, www.tiktok.com) including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with a Social Media Platform.
OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST
- For a copy of the winner list or these Official Rules visit https://www.worldnomads.com/campaigns/travel-snaps
- The Competition and all accompanying materials are Copyright © 2022 by World Nomads.com Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Competition and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Australia. THIS COMPETITION is subject to all applicable federal and state laws and is void where prohibited or where applicable law requires the Sponsor to register this Competition. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Submissions become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules or to terminate this Competition at any time. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Competition, tamper with the operation of the Competition or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to the Sponsor, the Competition or any other entrant (in each case as determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Competition.