Important: Please read these rules before entering this competition (the "Competition").
By participating in this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
- Competition is sponsored and administered by World Nomads.com Pty Ltd ABN 62 127 485 19 ("Promoter”) of Level 18, 1 Farrer Place, Sydney NSW 2000.
- Competition is open to residents of any country or jurisdiction, who are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction (whichever is older) except where the Competition is prohibited by law in the jurisdiction in which the entrant is a resident or where the Competition is subject to registration requirements by the Promoter (including without limitation, Italy, Colombia, Brazil, Quebec, Crimea, Iran, Syria, North Korea, and Sudan).
- Directors, officers and employees of World Nomads, Bright Trip, RØDE Microphones and Sony Australia and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, and advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members of each and those living in their households, are not eligible to win any prizes.
- No purchase, payment of insurance quote is necessary to enter or win. A purchase, payment or quote will not improve the chances of winning.
- The Competition period is from 12:00:01 am EDT on 20 April 2023 to 11:59:59pm EDT on 10 May 2023 (the “Competition Period”). Entrants are responsible for determining the corresponding time zone in their respective jurisdiction. All entries must be received during the Competition Period and meet other requirements in these Terms and Conditions to be eligible to win a prize.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, during the Competition Period, visit the Competition entry page at https://www.worldnomads.com/scholarships/2022/peoples-choice, agree to these Terms and Conditions and:
- Watch the four (4) Reels created by our Content Creator Scholarship winners on their assignment trips;
- Select your favourite reel;
- Tell us why this is your favourite reel in 25 words or less; and
- Provide the following information as requested:
- First name, Last name
- Country of residence
- The information you provide at Clause 6 is referred to below as your “Submission”
LIMITATION ON ENTRY
- Only one (1) entry per person is permitted during the Competition Period. The odds of winning will depend on the number and quality of entries received during the Competition Period. Any attempts to obtain additional entries, including through multiple or duplicate accounts will result in disqualification.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid. Entries automatically generated by computer, completed by third parties in bulk, or that have been altered, reconstructed or tampered with will be rejected.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS
- Your submission must be in English
- By providing a Submission, you warrant and represent that: (i) you own all rights in and to all Submission submitted by you (including, without limitation, all copyright and other intellectual property rights); (ii) all such Submissions are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
- Entry into the Competition is free. However any costs associated with an individual entering the Competition are the responsibility of the entrant.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
- On 12 May 2023, the creator of the Reel with the most votes will be announced as the ‘People’s Choice Award’ winner. Between 12 May 2023 and 26 May 2023, a panel of judges in Sydney, Australia (names available by request but selected by the Promoter), will rate the Submissions of anyone who voted for the 'People’s Choice Award' winner's Reel. The submissions judging will be based on overall creativity (50%), and insight (50%) (“Judging Criteria"). Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- One (1) submission will be deemed the Potential Winner. The Potential Winner will be notified via email within two business days of the date of selection and once the potential winner is verified, his or her name will be published on https://www.worldnomads.com/scholarships/2022/peoples-choice
- As a condition of being awarded a prize, the Potential Winner must follow the instructions contained in their notification. The Promotor may require the Potential Winner to provide proof of identity, and other reasonable documentation, such as proof of country of residence. If (i) any required documents are not returned within fourteen days, ii) if the potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner pursuant to the Judging Criteria.
- Prize components awarded in cash (ie travel insurance reimbursement) will be transferred to winner within 3 weeks of accepting their prize and providing required information to facilitate the transfer. Reimbursement of travel insurance will be provided upon proof of purchase of their travel insurance and providing required information to facilitate the transfer.
The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to identify and locate the Prize Winners. If any Prizes remain unclaimed within three months after judging is completed, the next highest judged Potential Winner will be contacted.
- The winner will be awarded the major prize valued at $2,198 USD that will consist of:
- RØDE Audio ‘Ultimate Content Creator Pack’ worth $736 USD. Includes: 1 x Wireless GO II microphone system, 2 x Lavalier II premium microphones, 1 xVideoMic NTG on-camera shotgun microphone plus cable accessories (SC16).
- Sony ZV-1 Vlog camera kit worth $749 USD.
- $500 USD of Bright Trip digital travel courses to use on www.brighttrip.com
- $750 USD to spend on trip thanks to Adventure.Travel
- $150 USD to put towards purchasing a travel insurance policy to cover future travel. The winner is required to purchase the policy via a reputable travel insurance provider and provide World Nomads with proof of purchase, at which point we will reimburse the winner up to the value of $150 USD. The winner should ensure the policy suits their individual objectives, needs and financial situation.
The content creator awarded the ‘People’s Choice Award’ will receive $2,500 USD travel budget to use towards a trip, to shoot content for World Nomads.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable or transferrable, cannot be extended and cannot be taken as cash if the prize is not fulfilled.
- All prizes are awarded “As is” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. If the winner is a resident of the United States, the winner a will be required to provide a social security number and will be issued a Form 1099.
- The Promoter will not replace any lost or stolen cash or prize items once they are in the winner’s possession. Any unclaimed and/or unused prize (or portion of a prize package) will remain the property of Promoter.
- The Promoter, and other providers of any prize, and Facebook Inc. and any other Social Media Platform (as defined below) on which the Competition is promoted, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, professional advisors, contractors, and advertising/marketing and contest agencies (collectively, “Released Parties") shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any travel related to the prize or any other aspect of prize winner’s or traveling companion’s acceptance of the prize.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/RELAEASES
- By entering the Competition, you release, except where prohibited by law, the Promoter and all Released Parties, including Bright Trip, RØDE Microphones and Sony Australia. International, Inc. from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Competition or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of, or inability to use, any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, and personal injuries, whether under contract, tort (including negligence), or warranty.
NAME AND LIKENESS RIGHTS
- If you are a selected as the winner, except where prohibited by law, by entering into the Competition, you consent and give permission to the use of your name, city of residence, likeness and prize information, without limitation, for the Promoter’s advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes (including in publicly-displayed advertising and in a publicly-distributed winner list) without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, a winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information, without limitation, for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
LICENSE TO SUBMISSIONS
- By entering the Competition and submitting your Submission to the Promoter in connection with the Competition, you hereby grant to the Promoter a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof, in connection with the Competition and for other advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, and to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. /li>
NO FACEBOOK OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM ENDORSEMENT
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. or any other social media platform (each, a “Social Media Platform”). You understand and acknowledge that by using and interacting with any Social Media Platform, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of such Social Media Platform. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for each Social Media Platform (such as facebook.com, www.twitter.com, www.instagram.com, www.tiktok.com) including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with a Social Media Platform.
OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST
- For a copy of the winner list or these Terms and Conditions visit https://www.worldnomads.com/scholarships/2022/peoples-choice
PRIVACY AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- Personal information including Entrant’s name, email, and country of residence will be collected and used for the purpose of conducting this Competition and associated marketing activities. This may require disclosure to third parties including Bright Trip, RØDE Microphones and Sony Australia and the Promoters’ agents or third party service providers, for the purpose of conducting the Competition and associated marketing activities.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of New South Wales, Australia. This Competition is subject to all applicable federal and state laws and is void where prohibited or where applicable law requires the Promoter to register this Competition.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are deemed unenforceable they will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain in effect.
- The Promotor reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or to terminate this Competition at any time. Entrants who violate these Terms and Conditions, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Competition, tamper with the operation of the Competition or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to the Promoter, the Competition or any other entrant (in each case as determined in the Promoter’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Competition.