Important: Please read these rules before entering this Scholarship Program (the “Program”).
- By applying for this Scholarship (Entrant), you agree to be bound by these Conditions of Entry. All decisions of the Scholarship promoter (World Nomads), are final in all matters relating to the Scholarship. Any changes to these conditions of entry will be published on the World Nomads website at www.worldnomads.com.
- The Promoter is WorldNomads.com Pty Limited ABN 62 127 485 198 (World Nomads) of Governor Macquarie Tower, Level 18, 1 Farrer Place, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia.
- Applications are open from 5 September 2022 (12:01am Eastern Daylight Time) to 16 October 2022 (11:59pm EDT) (Application Period). All applications must be received during the Application Period. Applications are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by World Nomads and World Nomads records are conclusive as to the time of receipt. All dates are subject to change if necessary, at World Nomads' discretion.
- This Program is open to residents of any country that does not restrict promotion or participation in this Scholarship, who must:
- be older than 18, by the end of the Application Period; and
- not be professional Content Creators (derive more than 25% of your income from content creation);
- be available and able to produce and deliver assigned content deliverables by 28 February 2023
- not be employees of World Nomads, Bright Trip, RØDE Microphones and Sony Australia and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, and advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members of each and those living in their households. World Nomads reserves the right to request proof of eligibility.
- To submit a valid application (one entry permitted per person), you must, during the Application Period:
- Visit the World Nomads Scholarship page at www.worldnomads.com/creator
- Complete an application form, which includes your Personal Information (contact details) and detail in 150 words or less why you should win a Content Creator Scholarship; and
- Share a link in the application form to a piece of publicly posted/accessible travel content you have created. The Content must:
- showcase a travel story, experience or location;
- be an image, video, blog or vlog post that is in English;
- take 2 minutes maximum to review in full (view, watch or read);
- not have been published previously or have been used to win prizes in any other promotions;
- be posted for public access/ or via a public account. Any content that is unable to be publicly viewed will be automatically disqualified; and
- be visual (image or video (no podcasts)). Related writing or voice over is allowed for creative context.
- Should your Travel Content reach the final round of judging you will be contacted by World Nomads to provide additional information in order to confirm your eligibility for the Scholarship and you will be required to attend a short interview online via Zoom. You must respond to the email within the stated time-frame (approximately 1 week) to remain in the running for the Scholarship.
- Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin, or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- the Content is the original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe their creator's/creators' moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights or otherwise obtained any such consents in relation to third parties' creations (if any) in the Content.
- Without limiting any other terms herein, the Entrant agrees to indemnify World Nomads for any breach of clause 7.
- By entering, Entrants grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable licence to World Nomad’s and World Nomads Partners to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, or display their entry (including in publicly-displayed advertising and in a publicly-distributed winner list) to the Scholarship without any compensation, attribution, or liability.
- Following the end of the Application Period, a panel of judges will judge the valid applications and determine the best publicly posted/accessible content and award four (4) Scholarships.
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. The four (4) Scholarships will be awarded based on Creativity (50%), Storytelling (25%) and Execution (25%). We will be weighting your entry based on submitted content (80%) and your 150 word or less answer (20%).
- Selection of the winners of the four (4) Scholarships will be conducted at World Nomads office located at Level 18, 1 Farrer Place, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia between 16 October and 23 November, 2022.
- Scholarship recipients’ names will be published on the Promoter’s website at www.worldnomads.com/creator on or before 23 November 2022.
- If (having made reasonable efforts) we cannot contact a Scholarship winner, or if any prize is not accepted or claimed by 6 December 2022 that scholarship winner’s entry will be deemed invalid, and we reserve the right to distribute unclaimed scholarships to the next best entry.
- Four Scholarship recipients will receive:
- 6 hours of digital 1-on-1 mentoring via video call from professional content creators Nomadasaurus (valued at approx. $1,500 USD)
- $2,500 USD travel budget to use towards a trip to be undertaken within a 4-hour flight of the Scholarship Recipients registered home address, to shoot assigned content outputs for World Nomads.
- RØDE Audio ‘Ultimate Content Creator Pack’ worth $736 USD. Includes: 1 x Wireless GO II microphone system, 2 x Lavalier II premium microphones, 1 xVideoMic NTG on-camera shotgun microphone plus cable accessories (SC15, SC16).
- Sony ZV-E10 mirrorless Vlog camera & lens kit worth $799 USD.
- $500 USD of Bright Trip digital travel courses to use on www.brighttrip.com
- $150 USD to put towards a travel insurance policy to cover the duration of the assignment trip. The winner is required to purchase the policy via a reputable travel insurance provider and provide World Nomads with proof of purchase, at which point we will reimburse the winner up to the value of $150 USD. The winner should ensure the policy suits their individual objectives, needs and financial situation. Total prize valued at RRP $6,335 USD
- The value of the prizes is accurate at the date of commencement of the Program. World Nomads accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date. The prize cannot be refunded, transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. World Nomads reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prizes with cash or a prize of comparable value if the prizes cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
- The Scholarship recipients’ will be responsible for all personal expenses and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with the prize that are not included in the prize description.
Privacy and Marketing Statement
- The Promoter collects entrants’ Personal Information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Scholarship (including but not limited to determining and notifying the winners). By entering into the Promotion, Entrants consent to the Promoter disclosing their Personal Information to the various partners, and the Promoter's related entities to process and deliver the Scholarship, and to improve the Promoter's products and services.
- By entering the Promotion, Entrants acknowledge that a further primary purpose for collection of the Personal Information is to contact the Entrant in the future with information about the Promoter, including special offers, market research or to provide marketing materials via mail, commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service) and email or any other form of non-real time electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future.
- The Promoter may share an Entrant's Personal Information with its Australian and overseas related companies, promotional partners, employees, agents and trusted third parties who may contact the Entrant for their legitimate commercial purposes. By entering the Promotion, Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoter and any applicable third parties may use their Personal Information in the manner set out in this condition.
- The Entrants will participate in all reasonable promotional activities in relation to the Scholarship, as requested by the Promoter and their agents. This may include the winners’ names, likeness, images and/or voices (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same), in any media worldwide for whatever purpose and without notification, remuneration or compensation, for marketing and or promotional purposes, for an indefinite period.
Limitations of Liability/Releases
- Subject to Applicable Law, by entering the Scholarship, the winner agrees that their acceptance is conditional upon their compliance with all relevant laws, rules and regulations. You release Promoter and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Scholarship or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of, or inability to use, any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia, or any other similar laws applicable in the country of the entrant.
- No Facebook or Other Social Media Platform Endorsement: This Scholarship is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. or any other social media platform (each, a Social Media Platform). You understand that by using and interacting with any Social Media Platform, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of such Social Media Platform. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for each Social Media Platform (such as www.facebook.com, www.instagram.com) including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with a Social Media Platform.