IMPORTANT: Please read these Official Scholarship Rules before entering the 2015 Travel Photography Scholarship to be conducted by WorldNomads.com Pty Ltd ('World Nomads').
World Nomads 2015 Travel Photography Scholarship - Conditions of entry
1. Information on the scholarship prize and how to enter forms part of these conditions of entry. By applying for this scholarship you agree to be bound by these conditions of entry and all decisions of the scholarship promoter (WorldNomads.com) which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. The scholarship and these conditions of entry are void where prohibited by law. Any changes to these conditions of entry will be published on the WorldNomads.com website at www.worldnomads.com.
2. The promoter is WorldNomads.com Pty Limited of Level 21, 680 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia
3. Employees of WorldNomads.com, WWF, Intrepid Travel, Great Himalaya Trails, Kathmandu, The Australian Himalayan Foundation and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and members of their immediate families or households, are ineligible to apply for this scholarship.
4. Entry is free. No purchase necessary.
To enter you must:
There is only one application is allowed per person.
5. Should your portfolio reach the final round of judging you will be asked to supply the following upon request, for comparison with your competition entry. These may also be published online:
6. The scholarship entries can be submitted from 11pm EDT on October 8, 2015 and entries close at 11pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) on November 25, 2015. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by WorldNomads.com and WorldNomads.com records are conclusive as to the time of receipt. All dates are subject to change if necessary in WorldNomads.com discretion.
7. The Scholarship recipient will be selected by a panel of judges including one independent judge, determining the best overall entry from a review of all eligible entries. The best overall entry is deemed to be the one that demonstrates excellent technique and best depicts a story about "a place you have visited" and articulates why the applicant should be awarded the 2015 WorldNomads.com Travel Photography Scholarship.
The selection will be conducted at WorldNomads.com Pty Limited of Level 21, 680 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia.
The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute.
Chance plays no part in determining the successful scholarship recipient.
The successful applicant will receive the following;
8. The scholarship recipient must submit their top 100 photographs from the assignment to WorldNomads.com no later than 1 month after returning from the trip. The scholarship recipient must also agree not to promote, sell or offer their assignment photographs to any other organisation.
9. The scholarship recipient must also keep a daily travel diary and upload diary entries (no less than 200 words per daily entry) to their WorldNomads.com Journal, no later than 2 weeks after returning from the trip.
10. The Scholarship recipient will be notified by email and the recipient's name will be published on the WorldNomads.com website by January 8, 2016.
11. If the Scholarship recipient is not immediately identifiable or contactable WorldNomads.com will make reasonable efforts to identify and/or contact the Scholarship recipient. If the Scholarship recipient has not accepted the scholarship by 9 January 2016, the next best entry will be selected as scholarship recipient.
12. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected mail or any errors or failures in internet or other communications. WorldNomads.com reserves the right to cancel or modify the scholarship promotion if, in its sole discretion, the administration of the scholarship promotion is impaired for technical or other reasons beyond its reasonable control and, in such an event, may select the Scholarship recipient from all valid entries received prior to the impairment.
13. Scholarship prize consists of:
Total prize value of scholarship is approximately AU$9,250
The 4 runners' up will receive:
The 25 shortlisted photographers will receive:
14. The value of the prize is accurate at the date of commencement of the scholarship promotion. WorldNomads.com accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize after that date. The prize cannot be refunded, transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. World Nomads reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize with cash or a prize of comparable value if the prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
15. The scholarship recipient will be responsible for all personal expenses and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with the prize that are not included in the prize description. The scholarship recipients are also responsible for all transportation to the point of departure, including accommodation costs prior to and following the travel dates in order to meet flight connections.
16. The scholarship recipient must hold valid passports. Entry visas, if applicable will be organised prior to departure.
17. The scholarship recipient agrees that acceptance of the prize by the scholarship recipient is conditional upon compliance with all relevant laws, rules and regulations and upon the scholarship recipient releasing WorldNomads.com, Richard I'Anson, WWF, Intrepid Travel, Great Himalaya Trails, Kathmandu, The Australian Himalayan Foundation and their affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action for any personal injury or other loss or damage (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) suffered in connection with the acceptance or use of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. WorldNomads.com reserves the right to disqualify the scholarship recipient at its absolute discretion in the event of non-compliance or the failure to provide such releases.
18. As the author of your entry, you warrant that your photographs are original, your own work and have not been digitally manipulated in any way. Any photos deemed by the judges to be digitally manipulated will not be considered for the Scholarship.
19. It will be a condition of entry that both scholarship applicants and the scholarship recipient will grant a non-exclusive copyright license to WorldNomads.com, WWF, Intrepid Travel, Great Himalaya Trails, Kathmandu, The Australian Himalayan Foundation to reproduce the work for subsequent promotion. The scholarship winner will also grant full rights to 30 photos, as briefed prior to the assignment in Nepal by the associated scholarship partners.
20. By entering the scholarship the entrant consents to being entered into a database and the Promoter (World Nomads) may use this information for future email promotions and marketing purposes. Furthermore, competition entrants consent that their emails may be used by any scholarship partners for future email promotions and marketing purposes.