1. Contact Us
Contact the World Nomads Assistance Team. They will help you liaise with the local authorities.
We understand that this is a terrible and difficult time and we can help you through the process of dealing with the situation. We can put you in touch with the necessary authorities and guide you through what you will need to do.
2. Get it in writing
In general, you’ll need copies of the following to submit with your claim. If unsure, please ask:
- Death Certificate, confirming the cause of death.
- Hospital Admission report, if relevant.
- Ambulance and Medical evacuation reports, if relevant.
- Police report, if they were involved.
In some cases, we may need to obtain past medical history records from the deceased person’s usual doctor. We’ll let you know if this is the case.
3. Keep your receipts
You’ll need to keep all your receipts, along with your itineraries and booking and cancellation confirmations for any affected travel arrangements for when you claim. If you don’t do this, we may reduce or reject your claim.
Our suggestions should help you when things go wrong and you want to make a claim. All travel insurance plans are different and cover will vary, depending what's happened, your country of residence, the plan you choose and any options or upgrades you buy. Your policy will always have the full details.
If you have questions about what's covered and not covered, just ask us.
- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Discover your next adventure with tips & advice from the locals.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.