Conditions of Entry
Important: Please read these rules before applying for this Scholarship Program (the “Program”)
1. Information on the scholarship prize and how to enter forms a part of these conditions of entry. By applying for this scholarship you agree to be bound by these conditions of entry and all decisions of the scholarship promoter (World Nomads), which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. The scholarship and these conditions of entry are void where prohibited by law. Any changes to these conditions of entry will be published on the World Nomads website at www.worldnomads.com.
2. The Promoter is WorldNomads.com Pty Limited (World Nomads) of Level 21, 680 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER.
3. Employees of World Nomads, Nomad Goods Inc., Kabani Tours and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and members of their immediate families or households, are ineligible to apply for this scholarship.
4. Eligibility Criteria: This Program is open to residents of any country that does not restrict promotion or participation in this scholarship, subject to approving any necessary visas, who must:
a) be older than 18 by the application deadline (July 18, 2017) to enter;
b) have a valid passport by the application deadline with at least 8 months’ validity;
c) be a resident of any country subject to approving an Indian visa; and be available to be in transit and in India for 15 days between November 4 - November 19, 2017.
5. To submit an application, you must, during the period specified in clause 9:
a) visit the site https://www.worldnomads.com/create/scholarships/film/2017/;
b) submit a travel film (3 minutes max.);
c) complete an application form which includes contact details; and then
d) include a personal essay (1,500 characters max.) on why you should be chosen and what the opportunity would mean to you
6. Applications must be consistent of the above material (“Submission”) and include all mandatory contact details.
7. All applications must be submitted in English and English subtitles must be used in the film where necessary. Only one application is allowed per person.
8. Your Submission must not (as determined in Sponsor’s discretion): (i) violate any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (ii) contain disparaging or defamatory statements; (iii) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (iv) be obscene, offensive, or indecent; (v) depict risky behavior; (vi) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm, against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or (vii) contain unauthorized third-party trademarks or logos.
9. As the author of your Submission, you warrant that your Submission is original, is in your own words and is 100% owned by you.
10. Applications can be lodged from May 30, 2017 up until 11pm Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on July 18, 2017. Applications are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by World Nomads and World Nomads records are conclusive as to the time of receipt. All dates are subject to change if necessary at World Nomads' discretion.
11. Once your application has been submitted, part of the Submission will be publicly visible on the World Nomads website. This includes the Title of the film, Country of the film, The film itself, Name of the applicant and Country of the applicant. All other details, including your contact deatails and the personal esssay will be kept private (see point 25). The film may then be used to promote the World Nomads Travel Film Scholarship program.
12. The Scholarship recipient will be selected by a panel of judges, including three independent judges, who will select the best overall application from a review of all eligible applications. The winning application will best interpret both the filmmaking brief and articulate why the author of the entry should be awarded the 2017 World Nomads Travel Film Scholarship. The selection will be conducted at WorldNomads.com Pty Limited of Level 21, 680 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000 between July 18, 2017 and August 8, 2017. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute. Chance plays no part in determining the successful scholarship recipient.
13. If the program recipient is not immediately identifiable or contactable World Nomads will make reasonable efforts to identify and/or contact the recipient. If the recipient has not accepted the prize within 3 days from initial contact, the next best application will be selected as prize recipient.
14. Each successful applicant will receive the following;
a) return economy airfare from the recipient’s nearest international airport to Kerala, India
b) a 12-day mentorship with travel filmmaker and mentor Brian Rapsey in Kerala, India, including a 3-day post-production workshop
c) all accommodation, local transport, activity and food costs
d) reimbursement for the cost of any relevant visas and vaccinations
e) a Video Mic Pro and VideoMic Me™ iPhone directional mic, courtesy of Rode Microphones
f) $500 USD worth of accessories from Nomad Goods Inc.
g) travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads - which must be purchased by the winner and will then be reimbursed
Total prize value of each is approximately $10,000 AUD as at 30 May 2017.
15. The value of the prize is accurate at the date of commencement of the program promotion. World Nomads accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize after that date. The prize cannot be refunded, transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. World Nomads reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize with cash or a prize of comparable value if the prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
16. By applying for this scholarship, and by accepting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is traveling. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
17. Travel arrangements to and from the winner’s home and their nearest capital city international airport do not form part of the prize unless expressly stated in these terms & conditions and are the responsibility of the winner. The travel prize cannot be used as part payment for another airfare package. Frequent flyer points cannot be accrued on this prize. The Prize must be taken on dates specified by the Promoter.
18. The program recipient will be responsible for all personal expenses and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with the prize that are not included in the prize description. The program recipient is also responsible for all transportation to the point of departure, including accommodation costs prior to and following the travel dates in order to meet flight connections.
19. The program recipient must also keep a daily travel diary and write a recount article (no less than 500 words, plus photos) which will be posted on the World Nomads website, (no later than 4 weeks after returning from the trip), as well as produce one 5-7 minute travel documentary as stipulated by World Nomads to be published on the World Nomads website and social channels and the websites of the program partners.
20. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected mail or any errors or failures in Internet or other communications. World Nomads reserves the right to cancel or modify the scholarship promotion if, in its sole discretion, the administration of the scholarship promotion is impaired for technical or other reasons beyond its reasonable control and, in such an event, may select the Scholarship recipient from all valid entries received prior to the impairment.
21. The program recipient agree that acceptance of the prize by the program recipient is conditional upon compliance with all relevant laws, rules and regulations and upon the program recipient releasing World Nomads, and Nomad Goods Inc., Kabani Tours, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action for any personal injury or other loss or damage (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) suffered in connection with the acceptance or use of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
22. World Nomads reserves the right to disqualify the winning recipient at its absolute discretion in the event of non-compliance or the failure to provide such releases.
23. By entering the scholarship or signing up for additional content or notifications, you consent to being entered into a database and the Promoter (World Nomads) and their promotional partners may use this information for future email promotions and marketing purposes.
24. As the author of your application, you warrant that your entry is original and your own work.
26. The Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to remove any of the travel destination options in the event that travel to such destinations is deemed dangerous in accordance with travel advice obtained from the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. In the event winner engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion) that is illegal, tortious, or subjects winner or companion to detention, Promoter shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments, or other costs or expenses of any kind incurred by winner as a result of such conduct. The Promoter, and other providers of any prize, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, professional advisors, contractors, and advertising/marketing and contest agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”) shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any travel related to the prize or any other aspect of prize winner’s or companion’s acceptance of the prize, to the maximum extent permitted by Applicable Law.
26. Disclaimer: Subject to Applicable Law, the Released Parties will not be responsible for:
a) Any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or applications;
b) Telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures;
c) Any scholarship disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or
d) Any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the scholarship.
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia, or any other similar laws applicable in the country of the entrant (“Applicable Law”).
28. Limitations of Liability/Releases: Subject to Applicable Law, by entering the scholarship, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the scholarship or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of, or inability to use, any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
We sell travel insurance to travellers from 140 different countries.