On Saturday 7 October 2023, Israel declared a state of war in response to a reported attack by Hamas. At the date of publication of this alert, military conflict between the two is ongoing and many foreign nationals have been caught up in the conflict.
How does this war affect your cover?
If you’re a World Nomads traveller and are currently affected by this event, please contact our Emergency Assistance team as soon as it’s practicable and safe to do so.
For the latest advice on travel in Israel & Palestinian Territories, visit the US Department of State
Our policies do not provide cover for any losses which arise from:
- Hostilities or any act of war; and/or
- Your choice to travel to, or remain in a destination where there are Do Not Travel warnings in place.
This does not affect coverage under our policies for travel to other regions or destinations subject to the policy terms and conditions.
All other terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions continue to apply.
If your travel plans are affected
- We understand this can be a stressful situation for travellers but it’s important to listen to local news reports and the advice of local authorities if you are already in the war zone.
- Before planning travel, we recommend you check the government advice applicable to your policy and monitor media coverage for the destinations you intend to travel to.
- If you’ve not left but already booked your travel and need to change your travel arrangements, please contact your airline, cruise company or travel agent for assistance in the first instance.
If you have any other queries, please get in touch.