Yes, but only the Explorer plan offers rental car coverage. If your vehicle was stolen, vandalized or damaged because of a collision, weather or other forces beyond your control, your plan may cover you for repairs and rental charges up to the maximum benefit amount.  

What can I make a claim for?

If you and your travel companion are licensed drivers and listed on the rental agreement you may qualify for the lesser of these two options:

  • The cost of repairs and rental charges imposed by the rental company while the car is being repaired
  • The actual cash value of the car, up to the maximum benefit amount shown on your policy

How it works

  • You must report the damage to the appropriate local authorities and the rental car company as soon as possible.
  • You must obtain the details of the other party involved in the accident, such as the name, address, information and driver’s license number.
  • You must provide us with the rental agreement, police report and damage estimate when submitting your claim.

What’s not covered

  • Antique, limited edition and collectible cars or any other vehicle with a retail price of more than US$50,000.
  • Accidents resulting from irresponsible behavior such as driving under the influence.

If you have any questions or are not sure if something is covered, feel free to contact us

Related Articles

View more

Can't find the answer you are looking for?

Contact us

Our contact details

We’re here to help if you have a question about travel insurance. We’re available:

  • 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Contact us


Within the USA & Canada toll free:

From anywhere in the world, direct / collect: