Your World Nomads travel insurance includes coverage for scuba dives and snorkelling.
What does your coverage offer?
To be covered, don’t forget that among other things, you must hold a valid SCUBA license or be diving under the supervision of a licensed diving instructor. Activities covered under both of our plans include:
• Scuba diving to 30 metres
• Unqualified, learn-to-dive courses and discover dives with a qualified instructor
• Shark cage diving (non-qualified divers at the surface; qualified divers up to 30 metres)
Activities that require an upgrade for an additional premium include:
• Scuba diving to 40 metres
• Diving instructor or guide (paid or volunteer)
• Cavern diving to 40 metres
For the full list of scuba diving activities, check out our Activities, Sports and Adventure page.
How it works
If you become seriously ill or injured while diving and need urgent medical assistance, a World Nomads plan may cover:
• Evacuation if it’s urgent and medically necessary (by the most appropriate means including helicopter when necessary and available).
• Emergency medical expenses for treatment at the hospital or by a doctor at the local medical centre.
• Repatriation if you’re seriously ill or injured and unable to continue your trip.
You must contact the 24/7 Emergency Assistance team prior to seeing treatment.
What may not covered?
Scuba diving encompasses a reasonably large body of activities, so it’s important to read your travel insurance policy carefully. A few of the things that your plan may not cover include:
• Any form of cave diving
• Commercial diving
• Carvern diving over 40 metres
• Scuba diving and over 40 metres
• Competition diving
• Cliff diving
This is only a summary of coverage and does not include the full terms and conditions of the policy. It is important you read and understand your policy as it contains benefits, conditions, exclusions and pre-existing condition exclusions. If you do not understand your coverage or if you have questions, just ask us.
Otherwise, enjoy the plunge!