If you have to cancel or reschedule your travel plans because a family member is ill, World Nomads travel insurance may be able to help.
• Your plan has provisions for immediate family members who develop medical conditions, as well as those of your travel partner
• You need to notify us within 48 hours of deciding to cancel your travel plans.
• Pre-existing medical conditions that were not stable and controlled prior to purchasing travel insurance may affect your claim.
Cancelling travel plans always sucks – particularly when you had a date with the pyramids of Giza. But if one of your immediate family members is sick and really needs you home, we may be able to help with your cancelled flights.
What does your coverage offer?
You may be covered for trip cancellation or delay if any of the following people dies or develops a medical condition that prevents you from travelling, as certified by a physician:
• You or your travel companion
• Your or your travel companion’s immediate family member
• Your or your travel companion’s business partner
Provided your claim is approved, we may be able to help with any prepaid, unused travel expenses, up to the maximum limit of your plan.
World Nomads also has a 24/7 Emergency Assistance team who can help when you’re in a crisis.
What may not be covered?
We’re not able to cover everything, so if you knew at the time of booking your trip that it might be cancelled or it was the result of a pre-existing condition then you’re not covered.
This is only a summary of coverage and does not include the full terms and conditions of the policy. It is important you read and understand your policy as it contains benefits, conditions, exclusions and pre-existing condition exclusions. If you do not understand your coverage or if you have questions, just ask us.