Travel Insurance: What is my country of residence?

Your country of permanent residence is the country you would want to be repatriated to in the event of a medical emergency, and where you are entitled to long term health care if required.

You are eligible for cover under this insurance if you normally live in the UK and you: 

  • will be 64 years old or younger at the time you buy or extend your policy; and

  • have unrestricted right of entry into the United Kingdom; and

  • have access to long-term medical care in the United Kingdom; and 

  • have a permanent residential address in the United Kingdom.  

Please be aware that your policy can’t cover any expenses incurred within the UK. 

All people on a policy must also live in the UK. If you are travelling with people from different countries of residence, they will have to buy separate policies, which may have different terms and conditions of cover.

Who is covered by my travel insurance policy?

Related Articles

View more

Can't find the answer you are looking for?

Contact us

Our contact details

We’re here to help if you have a question about travel insurance.

  • Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm (UTC/UTC+1) (For policies purchase on or after 1 November 2018)
  • Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm (GMT/BST) (For policies purchased before 1 November 2018)

Contact us


For policies purchased on or after 1 November 2018:

0800 260 5081

+353 21 237 8000


For policies purchased before 1 November 2018:

0330 660 0738

+44 (0) 330 660 0738