If you haven’t used your policy and aren’t eligible for a refund, you can apply for a travel insurance credit. This option allows you to retain the value of your original policy and is designed for travelers who have rescheduled their trips and/or received credit vouchers from their travel suppliers for the entire amount of their original trip. As an additional requirement, you should not have been charged fees or penalties in either case.
Travel insurance credits are offered only to those who have purchased their policy before July, 1, 2020.
Send us an email ( In the contact form, select “Travel Insurance” and “My Policy,” and check off “Yes, your question is related to COVID-19”) You’ll need to apply for your request by September 30, 2020. Once accepted, you’ll need to redeem your credit by June 30, 2021 and complete travel by December 31, 2021.
Am I eligible for a credit?
To be eligible for a credit, you must have purchased your policy before July 1, 2020 and have fully rescheduled your travel plans and/or received credit vouchers from your travel supplier(s) for the entire amount of your original trip.
Additionally, you must NOT have:
- Been charged penalties by your travel supplier(s)
- Started your trip or intend to travel on the policy;
- Submitted a claim;
- Received a full monetary refund (You should cancel your policy should this be your case);
- Have been returned only a portion of your trip costs;
- Exercised any other rights on the policy, such as use the travel assistance services;
- Cancelled your policy before the credit is redeemed.
In some cases, travelers will have received a combination of credits and refunds from their various travel suppliers. You should still be eligible for a travel insurance credit as long as the combined amount equals your total trip costs. In other words, 100% of your trip costs should have been returned to you.
What are the terms and conditions of the credit offer?
- You must meet the eligibility requirements to receive a travel insurance credit (Read “Am I eligible for a credit?)
- If you purchased a group plan, at least one person on the original policy must be listed on the new plan.
- You must meet the deadlines of the offer (September 30, 2020 for a credit request; June 30, 2021 for redeeming the credit; and December 31, 2021 for completing travel).
- The credit is not transferrable.
- Rates and plans may change, so you’ll be responsible for the price difference if there is any.
- We reserve the right to cancel your credit if you do not comply with the terms and conditions.
How do I redeem my credit?
Once your request for a credit has been approved, you have until June 30, 2021 to purchase a new policy and request a refund on your original policy (You must complete travel by December 31, 2021.) Just email us your new policy number, and the value of your original policy will be returned to you through your original payment method. The credit cannot be redeemed at the time of purchase, only after you’ve bought a new travel insurance policy.