Yes, World Nomads has coverage for delayed baggage. If your checked-in bags are delayed by 12 hours or more from your scheduled arrival time, you can claim reasonable expenses for essential items such as clothing, toiletries or medications.
How much you can claim?
Total benefit limits will vary depending on which plan you buy (Standard or Explorer). Check your policy’s Schedule of Benefits for more information.
What you need to do if your baggage is delayed
• Obtain an original Property Irregularity Report (PIR) or similar official statement from the carrier documenting the delay
• Keep all of the original receipts for the necessities you buy.
• Log into your World Nomads account and make a claim online for the expenses you incurred due to your delayed baggage. Don’t forget to include your supporting documentation.
Don’t forget our the 24/7 Emergency Assistance team can help with luggage tracing as well!
What may not be covered?
Travel insurance is not designed to cover everything, so take the time to read the full description of coverage in the plan wording, so there are no surprises if you need to use it.
Things we don’t cover include:
• The purchase of essential items if your bags are delayed on the way home (because you’ll just be able to get clothes out of your closet)
• Any items that wouldn’t be considered essential. For example, we won’t pay for a new Cartier watch or ballroom gown as this wouldn’t exactly be considered essential
This is only a summary of coverage and does not include the full terms and conditions of the policy. It is important you read and understand your policy as it contains benefits, conditions, exclusions and pre-existing condition exclusions. If you do not understand your coverage or if you have questions, just ask us.