Yes, World Nomads has cover for delayed baggage and luggage for outward bound journeys. If your checked-in bags are delayed by 12 hours or more from your scheduled arrival time, you can claim reasonable expenses for essential items such as clothing, toiletries or medications.
How much you can claim?
Maximum benefit amounts will vary depending on which plan you buy (Standard or Explorer) and may have per day and total maximum benefit amounts.
What you need to do if your baggage is delayed:
- Obtain an original Property Irregularity Report (PIR) or similar official statement from your carrier stating that your baggage did not arrive at the scheduled time and date and indicating the date and time it actually did arrive.
- Keep all your receipts for the necessities you buy.
- Log into your World Nomads account and make a claim online within 7 days of the delay. Don’t forget to send in your supporting documentation within 90 days.
Don’t forget our 24/7 Emergency Assistance team can help with luggage tracing as well!
What’s not covered
Things we don’t cover include:
- The purchase of essential items if your bags are delayed on the way home unless you're in a connecting city (because you’ll just be able to get clothes out of your closet).
- Any items that wouldn’t be considered essential. For example, we won’t pay for a new Cartier watch or Chanel ballroom gown.
This is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions.
Travel insurance is not designed to cover everything, so take the time to read the full description of coverage in the plan wording, so there are no surprises if you need to use it.
If you have any questions, please contact us, we’d be happy to help.