Your plan provides coverage for a number of snow experiences such as:
- Off-trail skiing and snowboarding (except as designated unsafe by the resort management).
- Skiing and boarding within resort boundaries.
- Cross country or Nordic skiing on marked trails.
- Ice skating (both on an outdoor or indoor rink, or on a frozen lake or river).
- Ski joring and snowblading.
Some of the more adventurous sports we cover will require you to purchase the Explorer plan instead of the Standard. These activities include:
- Alpine touring and backcountry skiing.
- Skiing out of resort boundaries.
- Free-style skiing, acrobatics, jumping, flying and stunting.
- Terrain parks within resorts.
- Skiing by helicopter or snow cat.
- Ski instructor or guide (paid or volunteer).
You can see a full list of adventure activities in our Help Center article. As an additional requirement, we ask that you follow the International Ski Federation code or the resort regulations as a condition of coverage. Other conditions may apply.
How it works
If you are hurt on the slopes, your plan may help with:
- Emergency evacuation if it’s an urgent and necessary part of your treatment and pre-approved by the 24/7 Emergency Assistance team.
- Emergency medical expenses for treatment at the hospital or local medical center.
- Repatriation: If you get into a fatal accident, your remains can be sent back home.
- Gear coverage: Sporting equipment may be covered when stolen or if checked-into your transportation carrier, lost or damaged. This coverage is secondary to any coverage provided by your carrier.
Medical procedures and transportation need to be pre-approved and arranged by the 24/7 Emergency Assistance team. Who pays for your medical bills upfront depends on your situation and the required treatment.
What’s not covered
While it’s not always compulsory to have a guide or instructor when on the snow, you must act responsibly (no schnapps on the slopes!) and adhere to resort regulations, or your coverage will be invalidated. Other things the policy does not cover:
- Sporting equipment damaged from use.
- Participation in a race or competition as a professional athlete.
Lastly, before you purchase a plan, read the policy wording carefully.
This is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the plans described. Please refer to the actual plans for complete details of coverage and exclusions.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.