Once you've started your claim online and entered your expenses, you will have received an email from us telling us what documents you need to submit with your claim.
Once you have gathered together all your documents, you need to log back in to your World Nomads membership page and upload them and to do this they obviously have to be digital (or electronic) copies.
Where you already have existing digital copies
In many cases such as e-tickets you may already have electronics copies (eg. PDF files) that are likely to be stored in your email somewhere. This is a head start! Find them and save them to a convenient location for when you are ready to upload.
Where you only have paper copies
Where you’ve only got paper copies such as paper receipts or hospital reports you have two choices:
- By far the easiest way to do this is to get out your smartphone if you have one and use the camera to take photographs of them and then email them to yourself directly from the camera so you have them ready to upload.
- Another easy way to do this is to make your claim online from an iPad and then use the camera of the iPad to take photographs of the paper documents and upload them from it.
- The last option is to find a scanner to scan your paper documents. Many if not most printers today have a scanner built in that allows you to email the scanned file.
- Photograph each page separately.
- Photographs for scans must be no larger than 5Mb each.
- Check the quality of the image and make sure we can read them.
We accept the following file formats:
- JPG (JPEG)
- Doc or Docx (Word)
- .TXT (Text)