Travel Insurance: What is my country of residence?

Your country of residence is the place where you legally reside, not necessarily your country of citizenship. It’s the place where you would want to be sent back home should you need to be evacuated for medical reasons or should you interrupt your trip.

To be eligible for travel insurance coverage as a US resident, you must have a residential address and unrestricted right of entry into the US.

You must be able to provide documentation to prove your address in the United States (for example, a US driver’s license, a government-issued ID or a utility bill) and agree to be repatriated, if required, back to the state of residence named on your insurance policy.

For the purposes of our policies, the U.S.A is all US States, the District of Columbia and US Military bases overseas. It does not include US Territories (Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, the US Virgin Islands, and American Samoa).

What if I’m an international student or a foreign national living in the United States?

You may purchase a World Nomads policy as a US resident as long as you meet the requirements above. Otherwise, you should buy your travel insurance policy under your country of citizenship.

What if I’m a US citizen living abroad?

If you’re a US citizen living abroad, you should purchase a policy under your current address. For example, if you’re a US citizen residing in France and decide to take a trip to Thailand, you should buy travel insurance as a French resident. 

What if I’m a digital nomad and change countries frequently?

You should use your country of citizenship as your country of residence