World Nomads plans provide coverage for Canadian residents who are travelling abroad or out of province, and plan to participate in pickleball while traveling. Check your plan carefully before heading to the court as conditions and exclusions apply.
How it works
Provided you are acting responsibly, plans provide coverage for pickleball-related incidents, such as:
- Emergency medical expenses. For treatment at the hospital or by a doctor at the local medical centre.
- Emergency medical evacuation. If it’s urgent and medically necessary and pre-approved by the 24/7 Emergency Assistance team.
- Repatriation. If you’re seriously ill or injured and unable to continue your trip and this is pre-approved by the 24/7 Emergency Assistance team.
- Gear coverage. Coverage may be available for your equipment but only if it’s damaged or lost by your common carrier (for example, your airline). This coverage is secondary to any coverage provided by your transportation carrier.
Emergency medical procedures and transportation need to be pre-approved and arranged by the 24/7 Emergency Assistance team. We will make every effort, although we cannot guarantee, to pay providers directly. In some instances, you may be required to pay upfront and submit a claim for reimbursement of your out-of-pocket expenses.
What may not be covered?
Travel insurance isn’t designed to cover everything. Our plans exclude:
- Participation in any professional sporting event.
- Any medical transportation or associated expenses that are not pre-authorized or approved by the 24/7 Emergency Assistance team.
- A loss arising from your willfully exposing yourself to a needless risk or not taking reasonable care, including playing under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Learn more about adventure sports and activities cover.
This is only a summary of coverage and does not include the full terms and conditions of the policy. It is important you read and understand your policy as it contains benefits, conditions, exclusions and pre-existing condition exclusions. If you do not understand your coverage or if you have questions, just ask us.