5 travel benefits you shouldn't leave home without
Maybe your next trip won’t include crossing an ocean or boarding a plane. But just because you’re traveling within the United States doesn’t mean that there aren’t any risks for your trip to go off course.
World Nomads’ domestic coverage starts from at least 100 miles away from home and provides essential protection against a wide range of mishaps that you could encounter on the road.
It doesn’t matter if you’re on a distant continent or just a few hours from home ─ you could sprain your ankle, get into a car accident, or get delayed by inclement weather just about anywhere. A good travel protection plan can help prevent any of these unexpected events from turning into full-blown disasters.
Accidents and emergencies can happen in your own backyard, which is why it’s important to consider these five main benefits of domestic travel insurance:
1. Unexpected trip cancellation: A family illness or a work emergency can cause you to cancel your trip, and domestic travel insurance can help you recover your non-refundable trip costs for these and other covered reasons.
2. Medical emergencies: Hospital bills and emergency office visits can really add up, especially when you need to pay out-of-pocket or use an out-of-network provider. These sometimes-sky-high costs ─ which are unlikely to get reimbursed under your regular health insurance ─ are a reason alone to purchase domestic travel insurance.
3. Trip Delay: Sometimes you can hit a bump in the road ─ in a literal and figurative sense. Maybe you got stuck in traffic because of an accident or a roadway happened to be closed. This benefit covers meals, hotel stays and any other surprise expenses you could incur as a result of a setback that’s at least six hours or more.
4. Protection for personal belongings: If your camping gear gets stolen or you drop your driver’s license into the lake, you can recover the value of what you packed or get an equivalent replacement, up to a per item and total maximum limit.
5. Medical evacuation: Sometimes the best place to get medical treatment is at a hospital back home. Medical evacuation coverage removes the challenges of transporting you to a facility where you can get the appropriate care you need.
Along with the benefits above, World Nomads also includes the following features in your domestic insurance policy:
Travel insurance doesn’t apply in every circumstance, and some things just won’t be covered at all. Your policy should outline the exclusions to your coverage in detail, but here are a few examples:
On a flight from San Diego to Honolulu, I checked my surfboard bag, which contained three surfboards. When I went to claim my bag, I found that two of my surfboards had been broken beyond repair. Both boards were broken into two pieces and the noses were crushed. After examination, it seems as if my ultra-protective surfboard bag (packed with utmost care), was either dropped upside-down from a high place or crushed by the weight of other bags during air or ground transport.
Travel insurance for independent travelers and intrepid families. Nobody wants to think about all the things that could go wrong on their trip, but these things can and do happen. So be prepared and get your travel insurance today.
Protect your hard earned vacation from unexpected cancellation.
We’ve got your back.
Take the pain out of medical or dental costs.
We’ve got your back.
Emergency medical transportation: we’ll get you to hospital or home quickly.
Help starts here.
Covers the loss, theft or damage of your bags, tech and gear.
Help starts here.
Whether you need medical or dental assistance or advice, emergency evacuation or travel assistance, our team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year before and during your trip.
Are you in need of emergency assistance right now?
For policies purchased on or after 1 January 2020:
Contact Generali Global Assistance:
Telephone: +1 954-334-8143 (Collect outside the US)
+1 877-289-0968 (Toll-free in the US and Canada)
Wherever you are, we’re here 24/7 to help you in any emergency.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and travel - what you need to know
Please read your plan documents carefully. Cancellations due to fear of travel are not covered. However, our plan does not exclude losses associated with pandemic or epidemic conditions; meaning that if you, your traveling companion or family member were to become sick (after you purchase the plan) as a result of COVID-19, you could still receive benefits for losses covered by the plan. Learn more here www.worldnomads.com/travel-insurance/coronavirus.About Coronavirus