- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
Going to Thailand? Then make sure you download our survival guide for all the inside tips. World Nomads Guides
Thailand survival guide
Tips, advice, warnings and alerts to make the most of your Thailand holiday. Like the tourism promotion says, Thailand is amazing.
- Motorcycles - find out about helmets and why you should listen to your Mother.
- Safety for Women - Girls, read this to stay on the right side of a good time.
- Money in Thailand - how to spot counterfeit baht & details on card skimming.
- Sex, Drugs & Rock n Roll & Ladyboys in Thailand - There is a reason Billy Idol was kicked out of Thailand.
- Bucket Drinks & Drink Spiking - What are bucket drinks, how to stay safe when imbibing and what to do if your drink is spiked.
- Thai Laws - The Thai underwear law, drugs in Thailand & the low down on bribery.
Firstly, the Thai people are friendly, welcoming and hospitable. It's also beautiful, with everything from tropical jungles, to broad white sand beaches and island hideaways where your old life feels a million miles away. Then there's the food - fragrant, flavour-filled and straight from a flaming wok to your plate.
While your days and nights are going to be fun-filled, exciting and thankfully pretty safe, there are a few things you need to be aware of to make the most of your time. Not all of these things (or any of them) you're going to read about here will happen to you. But now you know how to make sure they don't.
You can download the guide right now, but we’ll also email it to you so you can take it with you to Thailand. Very handy.
Download the Thailand FREE survival guide
If you make a new very close friend (boy or girl) in a club, bar, bus, film, whatever, protect you, your new friend and your wallet. Don't be surprised if you're asked for some money in the morning.
5 experts in Thailand travel tell us the one thing they think you need to know before you go. From dodgy deals, to bottomless bucket drinks - here are the essential ‘pearls of wisdom’ to make the most of your trip.
Whether you think it’s sordid or sensational (no judgement) surviving “one night in Bangkok” unscathed is going to take some skills. Luckily we have some insights into navigating the nightlife right here.
Koh Phangan’s Full Moon gatherings are possibly the greatest beach parties in the world. They’re exactly the thing your parents warned you about. But how dangerous are they, and how do you keep yourself safe?